Our experienced Surveyors carry out professional building surveys and valuations on behalf of a range of individuals and businesses across Cheshire, North Wales and North Shropshire, including Solicitors, companies and banks & building societies.
We pride ourselves on providing a personal service. We will personally discuss the survey work with you before it’s carried out, and will be on-hand to go through the findings with you after it’s completed, to help you make an informed decision.
Our valuation report provides you with an accurate estimate of the value of your home and a comprehensive overview of the property market in your area. As you consider buying or selling a property our report provides you with the facts so you are well informed when you decide to enter the property market.
The Homebuyer Report is in a standard format and is designed specifically as an economical service. It therefore differs materially from a Building Survey in two major respects:-
- It is intended only for particular types of home, houses, bungalows and flats.
- It focuses on essentials: defects and problems which are urgent or significant which may have an effect on the value of the property.
Building Condition Survey (formerly a structural survey)
A Building Condition Survey is a bespoke service suitable for all residential properties and provides a full, detailed picture of their construction and condition. It is likely to be needed if the property is, for example, of unusual construction, is dilapidated or has been extensively altered – or where a major conversion or renovation is planned. Building Condition Surveys are usually tailored to the Client’s individual requirements. The Report includes extensive technical information on materials and construction as well as details of the whole range of defects, major to minor.
Civil Engineering Designs
We can provide a full design service from undertaking site surveys and feasibility studies through to detailed working drawings and project management if required.We work on contracts of all sizes, from small housing developments to major highways. We can provide structural design works in isolation or included with a complete building design.
We have the in-house software to create structural calculations to satisfy Building Control requirements from complex steel frame structures to simple beam design, as well as designing retaining walls, piling, foundations, loading calculations and structural masonry/timber.
Planning Applications - Extensions and new build
- Free of charge initial meeting to check client’s requirements and determine whether planning is required
- Budget costings of client’s requirements
- Preparation of plans to enable planning submission, to client’s requirements
- Completion of planning forms and all relevant paperwork to allow submission to local Council
- Discharging of conditions once planning approval obtained
Building Regulations: - Extensions and new build
- Preparation of building control plans and specification to enable construction of planning drawings
- Completion of building control forms
- Beam calculations, raft design, S.A.P ratings and other structural calculations required
Engineer’s Reports: - Specific Defect Report
- Inspections of specific areas highlighted in a Homebuyer Report or Mortgage Valuation for further investigation
- Defects within your property that are giving you concern
- The report provides identification of defect, highlighting the cause and providing remedial action to rectify the problem, along with budget costings if requested
Expert Witness Report